The Center for the Promotion of Livestock and Biodiversity that will be created in Anogeia aims to reveal the close and enduring relationship between man and nature and demonstrate a long tradition in the area of Psiloritis. At the same time, it aims to combine two seemingly contradictory concepts, livestock breeding and biodiversity, in the context of supporting and promoting a particularly important productive activity by protecting and managing the nature upon which production is based.
The project implementation will be undertaken by the company association "OikoM Ltd. - TETRAGON SA".
The exhibition is based upon the following principles:
- The richness of nature, history and human activities that dominate and compose the landscape.
- The practice of farming marked the place and gave it special features, some of which are still preserved and constitute an important productive and cultural capital for a wider geographical area.
- The protected areas of Nature, the areas of the NATURA 2000 Network are inextricably linked to archaeological sites, monuments, historical sites and productive areas of special tourist interest.
- The Natural and Cultural Landscape is the backdrop for improving the competitiveness of the tourism product of a wider geographical area by supporting innovative actions.
- The Geopark as an international designation and recognition of Psiloritis is also associated with nature, culture and production in the region, also constituting a characteristic and unique landscape.
The project tasks will involve:
- Research, recording and museological documentation,
- Preparation of the relevant museological and museographic study,
- Design, construction and installation of a permanent interpretation exhibition,
- Production and installation of digital interactive applications,
- Design, construction and installation of the necessary equipment for the presentation - learning - education, administration, reception & exhibition areas,
- Formulating a proposal for the surrounding of the building,
- Implementation of information activities for visitors,
- Designing and producing visit/tour programs