The project's objective is to record, to monitor and to assess of conservation status of:
a) all habitat types in Annex I to Directive 92/43 / EEC (except those identified as marine habitat types) in Sites of Community Importance (SCI) of NATURA 2000 network, which are not subject to the jurisdiction of a Management Body and in areas of national territory, beyond the Natura 2000 network and outside the jurisdiction of the Management Body, which these habitats types of Community interest are spread
b) certain national importance habitat types (Greek habitat types), such as: 951B (Forestry Abies cephalonica), 934A (Greek forests briar), 72A0 (reeds), 72B0 (societies high reeds), 924A (thermophilic oak forests).
The following tasks are included:
- Design and implementation of scientific supervision program with field work to assess and re-evaluation (in relation to the second implementation report of the 2007 Directive) the conservation status of habitat types for 2011-2015 in accordance with Article 11 of Directive 92/43/EU, so that the results of this project can be integrated at the 3rd National Report - Report on Application of Directive 92/43 / EEC.
- Validation of the fields of the descriptive Database of Natura 2000 network, based on the results of the contractor in all fields within the scope of the study (descriptions, reviews, table other species, threats, etc.),
- Proposals for possible expansion of the Natura 2000 network, where necessary, based on the EU criteria and after consultation with the Management Service.
- Proposals of definition Favorable Reference Values of habitat types by SCI or SCI group to be studied.
- Proposals for the definition of Conservation Objectives by SCI or SCI group to be studied, to achieve favorable conservation status of habitat types.
- Proposals for the monitoring program that will be implemented after the end of the study.
Within the project at least 12.000 vegetation sampling, in 173 areas of the Natura 2000 network, and in locations outside areas of the NATURA 2000 network, will take place.