The purpose of the project was to create an Information Center for the flora of Mount Parnon, through the design, organization, production and installation of an environmental interpretation exchibition
The project implementation was undertaken by the company association "OikoM Ltd. - TETRAGON SA".
The creation of exhibition aims at:
- to inform about the natural environment of the protected area,
- to promote the physical characteristics that make the protected area special,
- to enhance the local tourist product through the creation of thematic open spaces,
- to raise awareness of the protection of species of flora and the natural environment in general,
- to support the environmental education of schools in the Peloponnese Region,
- to reinforce the concept of the protection of natural wealth and biodiversity,
- to raise awareness of the sustainable management of natural environment elements,
- to attract visitors and to motivate them to find remarkable places of nature and culture in the wider region.
The student community is one of the main target groups, as this exhibition will function as an area of environmental education and can serve as a pole of attraction for students, offering a unique opportunity to acquire knowledge about the natural environment and to be sensitized to its protection .
The interpretation exhibition was opened to the public on Saturday, October 22, 2016.